Sunday 20 May 2012

Thoughts On Tutors Feedback On Assignment 5

Having had feedback on my 5th Assignment I'm now left with a bit more work to do before I come to the end of this very much enjoyable course. The main point to take from the feedback I've received is that may River section still needs a little more work just to focus the idea that I'm looking at how poor maintenance by landowners and the Environment Agency is leading to increased flooding in the area in the future. This is where I see the use of having a good tutor because originally I thought this section was pretty good with a clear message but after having a read through the feedback and then returning with a fresh view to this part of my project I can see that it isn't as clear as I maybe thought. The second issue that she raised was with navigating my blog and finding the relevant parts, now I've made alterations before but still feel fairly constricted by the options available on the Blogger site. Whether this is down to a poor knowledge of how to use the site (which at this point I don't think is the issue) or more likely the fact it just doesn't give you enough control to group parts together as I'd like I don't know, what I do know is that what's presented before is my very best effort and I just hope that you as the reader don't find it too hard to find and take away with you what you need. Other than these points my tutor seems fairly pleased with where my work is heading, now my aim is to get these final images captured so I can begin the process of producing a book using the Blurb site to present my final collection in the best possible way.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Shaun - best of luck with completing the module. It has been interesting to follow your progress.

    With regards to the point about organisation, I noted that when I click on the tabs above I get every post labelled 'Assignment 1, 2' etc, including a fair number that aren't abviously directly about the relevant assignment, such as the preparatory exercises and reviews of other photographers. It isn't a huge problem in that the actual assignment posts are there and can be found relatively easily, but a busy assessor might wish to find only assignment posts under that label.

    If you wished, you could deal with this by re-labelling individual posts. Another option is to use pages, and simply paste in the relevant links. I've done that in my blog (http://www.eileen-rafferty.com/) and find it offers a level of control over what is to be found where: the downsides are that you don't get directly to the post and have to remember to update it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen I'm glad you enjoyed following me on this course, its been hard work but I got to ware I wanted to be with my final selection in the end. I'll look into your ideas for making my blog a little more user friendly as they you make some valid points.

      Delete