Sunday 6 May 2012

New Work For Major Project Part 6.

Below are a few more images I'm considering for use in part 6 of my Major Project based around the idea of People.


Tech. Details
F-stop- f/14
Expo- 1600sec
ISO- 2000
Expo Bias- 0 steps
Focal Length- 300mm

The next couple of shots are from the same bungee jump that I've already included one from but both are a little different. In the first image above I wanted to capture the moment just before the jump, to get the expression of fear as the person see just how high up they are and how far away the ground is. I think you can see this above but the light conditions spoil the end results because there was too much shadow covering the face so I had to use a fair amount of the dodge tool to make it visible enough to catch the expression. To me it just seems a bit to grey making it not that great a shot.



The second image is a combination of 5 images I've layered together to produce and end result which shows the whole process of a single jump. I like this shot a lot because of the way it captures the whole activity of the jump, i produced it by simple copying selected sections from each image onto the very first photo of the man standing in the basket ready to jump. Then using the eraser tool on each layer I've produced a pretty good blend of all the shots, the only place where I don't feel it works as well is around the cord area because I could decided on the best way to blend them together. The end result in this area isn't great but its still good enough not to distract from the main body of the photo. In the end I decided not to use this photo because although I like it I didn't feel it fitted in with the rest in the collection as it didn't reflect the reality and Straight photography approach I'd taken in documenting the rest of my shots.


Tech. Details
F-stop- f/16
Expo- 640sec
ISO- 640
Expo Bias- 0 steps
Focal Length- 27mm

In  previous entry's I've spoken about how the main road through being closed through the village had effected it so now I wanted to somehow illustrate just how busy the road can be now it's opened again. I think this view perfectly capture the weight of traffic that can be found plowing through the village at certain times of the day, also you can see it's not just car but huge great lorries as well that choose to squeeze through. I did consider a slightly longer exposure but felt this didn't quiet capture the situation in the right light as it isn't necessarily the speed of the traffic which is the problem but more the weight. I could have used this in my final selection but I'm not to sure it'll work.
  

Tech. Details
F-stop- f/10
Expo- 800sec
ISO- 640
Expo Bias- 0 steps
Focal Length- 300mm

In the next two image above and below I wanted to capture a more typical village scene that main associated with village life, the local Cricket team in action. With these two shots I felt it important that they contained this sense of action and that they didn't feel to static and I'm very happy that I've achieved this in both. I think I'll use one in my final selection but before I do they still need a small tweak because the whites to me seem a bit grey (bad light again at play) so some brightening is need other then that really happy with how they turned out.
   

Tech. Details
F-stop- f/10
Expo- 640sec
ISO- 640
Expo. Bias- 0 steps
Focal Length- 100mm




Tech. Details
F-stops- f/10
Expo- 1250sec
ISO- 500
Expo Bias- 0 steps
Focal Length- 190mm


Here I've tried maybe to be a bit to clever with the connection being between the Antiques sign and the old man. Again here I'm illustrating the older population in the village and I just liked the way these two elements work together within the field to create a good photo that I feel should be considered for my final selection. Another point to make about this shot is the use of his eye line, although its looking more towards the King Street sign it still leads your eye in the right direction to connect with the Antiques board.

No comments:

Post a Comment