Sunday 6 May 2012

Thoughts On My Major Project.

As I'm now waiting to hear back from my tutor on my final assignment I find myself looking at my Major Project an feeling pretty happy with what I've produced but at the same time being surprised at what it evolved into during its creation. When I started I intended it to be a fairly mild manner reflective piece looking at the village I live in at a time when I'm in the process of considering moving away for the first time in my life. By the end though when I now look back it's become something much more, it now is almost a study of a changing area that reflects alot of what's happening throughout the country because we all going through hard economic times that is changing landscapes and life's everywhere. I'm glad I approached the subject in the way that I have  because some of the imagery personally I find very strong and the use of black and white photography only makes the mood of the work even stronger. I feel that Fay Godwin's work has probably had the most influence on my major project but also my study on Ansel Adams work also played a part on some of the decisions that I made. I think one of the major point's about my own personal photographic preferences is that I'm still not happy or particular that comfortable when it comes to photographing people, I think this has a lot to do with my natural shines as a person and this I think is then reflected in my work. Leaving the People section till last was defiantly not the best idea I've had, if I'd started with this section I could have slowly added to it throughout the course building it up as I went. Instead I created a lot of unneeded pressure on myself by trying to do it all as the final part of my project and this meant that this part isn't at the same standard as the rest of my work. I now look forward to reading my tutors final comments on my 5th assignment and on my work as a whole, but at the same time I hope anyone else looking at my work can take as much away from it as I have because if you can I know that I've defiantly done a good job of illustrating the feelings I have about my home.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment