Sunday 1 April 2012

Major Project Planning Part 5- At Night.

For the second to last part of my Major Project I wanted to look at how the village appears during the hours of darkness, when I first came up with this idea I felt it'd make a good contrast against the daytime images and would give a stronger feel for the area.Then I started thinking in more detail about what I'm actually going to do and I'm beginning to have a few creative problems because what else is there to look at other than how say an area or building is lit during this time. When you have a look about at what other people have created using a similar theme you find a lot of what I would call light trail images, these being long exposures capturing head/tail lights of vehicles as they pass by. Another thing you find a lot of is star trail views where some one has taken a particular scene where they can capture a large section of a clear night sky and then using again a long exposure    capture the movement of the sky this way. I like these kind of images a fancy having a crack at something similar but at the same time I'd like to think that I'll be able to create something original along with it. I'm starting to get the distinct feeling this is going to be the most challenging section to get my head into and be able to come up with work that is as good as I've already produced will really push me. This isn't a bad thing but I worry if I don't get it right it'll have an effect on how the whole project will appear.


No comments:

Post a Comment