Monday 16 April 2012

New Work For Major Project Part 3.

Below are some new images for Part 3 of my Major Project which is focusing on the Agricultural aspects of the landscape surrounding my home.


Tech. Details
F-stops- f/8
Expo- 640sec
ISO- 400
Expo Bias- 0 steps
Focal Length- 230mm

At this time of year one farm in the village becomes particularly busy, this is because its Lambing season. I wanted to stay away from the kind of photos you find alot of on this subject, this beginning the kind of stuff where there's groups of lambs skipping and jumping around a field or lying in a load of daffodils. What I wanted was something a bit different and in the above shot I think I found just what I was after, what I like is the way the mother seems to be keeping a watchful eye on her lamb from a distance.


Tech. Details
F-stops- f/13
Expo- 400sec
ISO- 500
Expo Bias- 0 steps
Focal Length- 47mm

They've started planting Potatoes now in a few spots around and about and these fields always offer up some good shots because you can make use of the long straight parallel lines that are produced as they plant. In the first image above I've avoided looking straight down the rows but instead position myself at a bit of an angle because you get a feel for them slopping away downhill in this position while at the same time capturing some of the surrounding landscape. Add to this the good sky and I've got a very useful final image.


Tech. Details
F-stops- f/14
Expo- 500sec
ISO- 500
Expo Bias- 0 steps
Focal Length- 47mm

The second image is taken from the same field but with the framing altered to take in a different aspect of the area. Here I liked the curving nature of the field lines but at the same time the way I could include a small area of the village making a visual connection between the two parts. I really like the way that by a simple change of position these two images can feel so completely different but be taken in the same place.


No comments:

Post a Comment