Monday 9 April 2012

Major Project Change Of Plans.

I'd originally planned to look at the village at night as a section in my Major Project but over the past week I've come to discover that I'm not happy with how my work on this subject is progressing and I'm now at a point where I'm questioning whether it's the right chose as a subject because I don't want to end up with a part of my project that brings down the hard work I've already put in. The problem that I discovered is that I couldn't come up with the variety that I found in my other sections, the images that I found work best were all along the similar idea of how buildings and areas of the village appear under the different light conditions you find at night. The best two being the images you see below.



Both are reasonable photos but everything else I tried just seemed to be repeating the same kind of views over and over and not really expanding on the subject. So after a short conversation with my tutor I've come to the decision that I'm going to scrape this idea and use a back up theme that I'd come up with in case this kind of problem arose. The changes I'm going to make are as follows-

  1. The first section in My Major Project called By Day I'm now going to rename The Village and include what few images I've produced while trying to work on my Night section. I think this is the best option as it means that I haven't wasted my time on what work I've already produced and it'll expand my first section still further.
  2. To replace my Night section I'll now be working on a section under the title of The River.
In this new section called The River I'll be looking at the River Swarbourne which runs right through the village and joins the river Trent near the southern boarder of the village. Its know great river but it still forms part of what makes the village what it is as it runs through both the urban and rural areas effecting them both in its own ways, plus with the lack of rain throughout the country of late (although as I write this its throwing it down outside) its running at a lower level then normal which again makes it an interesting and relevant subject matter at this time.

Hopefully these changes can only improve my Project at a time when I was beginning to be concerned about the route my work was taking. I'm feeling alot happy about the final sections now and can't feel and see the whole project coming together as I approach the final stages.


No comments:

Post a Comment