Friday 9 March 2012

Whats Going On.

Something my tutor suggested to me was to give people a little more insight into Yoxall, so what I thought was I'd attempt to keep anyone reading this up to date on whats happening in the village at the minute. The idea behind this is that it'll give you more of an understanding on the place I hope. One of the main issues right now is the fact that the main road through the village has been closed for resurfacing work, now to anyone looking in from outside this might seem a very trivial matter but in a small community it brings big problems. First there the disruption to the people living here because it can make it near to impossible to even get home if the highways workers feel like being difficult and completely block your access to your road (hasn't happened to me yet but its only a matter of time). On the upside this means there's very little heavy traffic coming through namely the larger lorries that use the road as a short cut instead of using the A38 and A50 to get up to Ashbourne, nice for me living near to the main road but not so good for any of the local business that rely on the passing trade to keep themselves going so as you might imagine there's a little tension at the moment. On a lighter not saw a post in the Pub window yesterday advertising a Bungee jump taking place on the car park in the near future, should be a good laugh don't know whether to have a go myself or not but it should provide some good photo if nothing else. Other then that I don't think there's much else to report, spring seems like it could be just round the corner which is always good after the cold dark winter because the sudden burst of colour returning to the landscape is always something to look forward to.



No comments:

Post a Comment