Sunday 11 March 2012

New Work For Major Project Part 1

New images to consider for my By Day Section (Re titled The Village during Assignment 5) , all have there merits but do any add anything to the work I've already produced?

 Tech. Details
F-stops- f/4.5
Expo- 2500sec
ISO- 400
Expo Bias- 0 steps
Focal Length- 31mm

What I liked about this shot was that it adds a little light heartiness to what so far has been a more serious project. You could argue that the mood should remain the same throughout the section but I'm a believer that this doesn't always have to be so and if you can find the right photo and get the balance right it can work. What I think it shows is that there is like most places a mischievous side to the residents, you may not always see it because the village looks quiet and peaceful but its there.

    
Tech. Details
F-stops- f/14
Expo- 500sec
ISO- 400
Expo Bias- 0 steps
Focal Length- 55mm

Here the focus is more on the quiet sedate side of life with the typical view you'd expect in most villages of the cricket pavilion on a sunny day. It may only be March but you can see that the pitch is already being prepared in readiness for April and the start of the new season. As usual I have to ask the question what does this illustrate about Yoxall as a place, for me it's that although things are changing some parts remain the same and always will.


Tech. Details
F-stops- f/11
Expo- 250sec
ISO- 400
Expo Bias- 0 steps
Focal Length- 31mm

I'd been looking for a while now for a different view of a familiar landmark in the village and eventually came across this reflection in one of the village hall windows of the school across the road. What I really like about it is it's a little abstract and unusual but at the same time its still very recognizable to anyone that knows the area. Originally the image contained more of the window surround but I cropped this away as I felt it didn't work very well like this, what you see above is a much better result in my eyes. 


Tech. Details
F-stops- f/5.6
Expo- 100sec
ISO- 400
Expo Bias- 0 steps
Focal Length- 18mm

What this image captures is how space within the center of the village is very much at a premium with new homes built very nearly in the graveyard. Again its the struggle between the new and the old in a way but a the same time its a some what haunting image with the kneeling angel head stone as the focus of the shot. I like it but I'm not sure whether its right for this project.


   Tech. Details
F-stops- f/6.3
Expo- 100sec
ISO- 800
Expo Bias- 0 steps
Focal Length- 44mm

The above photo is one you commonly see when anyone does any kind of work surrounding British villages because these two icons are some of the first things you associate with village life. Fair enough you don't see to many red phone boxes anymore these days so it does make it a little more interesting but on the whole its been done that many times that I find myself a bit tied of them being used as a symbol of Britishness (don't know if that's actually a word but you get what I mean). The reason I've included it here is the simple fact that its still a scene that relates to village life, while also showing something which is becoming out dated in the modern world.


Tech. Details
F-stops- f/14
Expo- 640sec
ISO- 500
Expo Bias- 0 steps
Focal Length- 34mm

Similar to another photo above of the village Cricket field but this one shows more of the preparations for the start of the season. Still needs a bit of work as the tonal range isn't that great at the minute but I think when it's done it could be a pretty good shot.


Tech. Details
F-stop- f/3.5
Expo- 15sec
ISO- 200
Expo Bias- 0 steps
Focal Length- 24mm

This is the first shot that I've added to this section from my At Night (explanation for this can be found in Assignment 5 section), taken in the village graveyard I liked the way this area was being illuminated by the church lights giving it a different presents. The other point I like about this shot is that nearly all the shapes in the scene are very angler and sharp expect for the stone closest to the camera which in complete contrast to the others is very rounded. Most people would possibly look at this scene and straight away say it's a little spook but with the amount of light I just don't think it feels like that.


Tech. Details
F-stops- f/3.5
Expo- 5sec
ISO- 200
Expo Bias- 0 steps
Focal Length- 21mm

Here I wanted to capture the feeling of the speed people will travel through the village at so to do this I used a longer exposure to just capture the headlights of a passing car. Technically it's a good photo but I don't know there's just something about it which doesn't feel right. Maybe it's the composition or maybe I should have got the headlight blur going even further into the distance, I don't know but what I do think is that I don't think I'd use it in my final selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment